Safety and rules
The nature in Sonfjället National Park awaits you – be careful with it. You protect it by following the regulations that have been established for visits to the national park.
As a visitor you may:
- gather berries and mushrooms
- pick up dry branches or twigs to build a fire or construct shelter
- fish in Lake Valmen and Styggtjärn tarn, provided you have a fishing licence
but you may not:
- remove minerals or other geological materials
- break off branches or cut down or in any other way damage living or dead trees, brushwood and shrubs
- gather or dig up plants
- gather or trap insects, fish or other animals, or in any other way disturb wildlife
- operate motor vehicles anywhere except on designated roads and in parking areas
- hunt, fish or ride horses
- park caravans or motorhomes
- land aircraft or fly lower than 300 metres above the ground
- bring unleashed dogs into the park
- set up notice boards or posters or establish orienteering checkpoints or marked trails
Snowmobile traffic is not allowed in the national park, and there are no snowmobile trails.
Share with your friends
Share this page with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and e-mail.