Safety and rules
This document constitutes an unofficial version in English of The Regulations (NFS NFS 2017:3) of the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency. This unofficial English version does not have legal validity. In the event of inconsistency or discrepancy between the official Swedish version in force and this unofficial version, the official Swedish version in force shall prevail.
You are not permitted to:
- dig or hack,
- damage, scratch or paint on rock faces, the ground, boulders or rocks,
- take away rocks,
- break twigs or damage living or dead trees and bushes,
- injure or disturb animals, climb trees with nests or be near the nest of a bird of prey, a lair or a den,
- drive or park an electric or fossil-fuelled vehicle outside of designated roads or parking areas. In designated parking areas, the parking of caravans, mobile homes etc. is not permitted between 00.00–06.00,
- use a motorboat, jet-ski or any other motor-powered water craft,
- take off or land an aircraft, drone or similar craft irrespective of whether it is manned or unmanned,
- pitch a tent, build a shelter or similar except between 18.00 and 10.00 in designated areas for one night only,
- build a hut or hideout, or any similar construction,
- light a fire or use a barbeque outside of designated areas [which means that all kinds of heating equipment or outdoor kitchens with open flames and combustion (incl. gas, spirits, coal, charcoal, wood etc.) may only be used directly next to designated fireplaces],
- bring along dogs or any other type of pet that is not on a leash,
- make any form of loud or disturbing noise,
- conduct military or police exercises,
- ride anywhere except on roads and bridle trails,
- ride a bike anywhere except on roads and paths designated for bikes,
- arrange sports events without permission from the Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board),
- place signs, boards, orienteering flags, strips, or other markings without permission from the Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board),
- collect amphibians or reptiles without permission from the Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board),
- collect insects, spiders, snails, slugs or other invertebrates without permission from the Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board),
- pick, collect or dig up plants, including mosses, lichens and tree fungi without permission from the Länsstyrelsen (County Administrative Board).
But your may:
- use an electric wheelchair, permobile or similar aid if you are disabled,
- pick berries and edible mushrooms,
- fish, if you are a part-owner of a joint fishery unit (Ösjö FS:6).
Share with your friends
Share this page with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and e-mail.